Pathway Family Services announcement Timothy McCord will be its new medical director. McCord is a child psychiatrist with over 10 years of experience. Prior to being hired at PFS, McCord worked at various medical institutions, including the University of Kansas Medical Center. He completed part of his fellowship at KVC and provided PRN support for their Kansas City, Kansas programs. He was also responsible for the management of the Marillac residential program. Most recently, he provided outpatient psychiatric services at the Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center. McCord will oversee a caseload of up to 10 teenage patients. He will also be responsible for developing psychiatric protocols and reviewing and updating policies and procedures. In addition, he will oversee medication management, as well as the management of medication prescriptions for residents at our PFS sites. McCord received his BS in Human Biology from the University of Kansas and his MD in Osteopathic Medicine from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. He then completed his fellowship and residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Therese Baker was chosen as executive director of Housing and Credit Counseling Inc. by the HCCI Board of Directors effective January 15. “The Board unanimously selected Teresa based on the solid work she has done since March 2020 as Acting Executive Director and her extensive experience and dedicated service to HCCI since 2007,” said Kevin Morgison, new Chairman of the Board. Baker replaces former HCCI executive director Marilyn Stanley, who resigned in March 2021 to accept a position with the Kansas Housing Resources Corporation. Baker’s experience with HCCI includes her leadership role in financial stability program work with United Way agencies in Emporia, Lawrence, Manhattan and Topeka, where she has led United Way of Greater Topeka’s financial stability work since 2018. Baker and her husband, Tom, live in Overbrook and have four adult children.
FHLBank Topeka officer hires announced:
• alex adame joined as a DEI analyst. Adame previously held the position of User Interface Reporting Manager with the Kansas Department of Labor.
• Jo Vaughn Anderson joined as a housing and community development analyst. Anderson was previously a branch manager for Azura Credit Union.
• Anna Parish joined as Mortgage Accountant I. Parish was previously Financial Reporting Accountant at SE2.
• Carlie Zimmerman joined as an audit intern. Zimmerman is working on a master’s degree in accounting from Washburn.
Clayton Heritage Partners promoted the following employees:
• Zac Pohlenz was appointed as a Wealth Advisor on January 1 after achieving Certified Financial Planner certification at the end of 2020. He was previously an Associate Wealth Advisor. Pohlenz works one-on-one with clients of the wealth management firm, which has offices in Topeka and Lawrence. He creates and implements comprehensive financial planning and asset management services to help clients achieve their goals. Pohlenz began his financial planning journey as a freshman at Kansas State University, where he realized he wanted to pursue a career in financial services, saying, “I knew it would combine my desire to help people with my aptitude for personal finance.”
• JD Kaad was named director of commerce and technology. Kaad was previously a portfolio analyst for Topeka and Lawrence’s registered investment adviser. Kaad will oversee all aspects of the investment team’s regular transactions as well as all of the firm’s IT strategy and processes. His promotion took effect on January 1. “I look forward to taking on the responsibility of leading the overall information technology strategy for Clayton Wealth Partners, in addition to ensuring that our trading systems and processes are transparent and efficient for team members. and customers,” Kaad mentioned. Kaad joined Clayton Wealth Partners in 2009. He holds the Certified Investment Management Analyst designation and is a Fellow of the Investments and Wealth Institute. He holds a master’s and bachelor’s degree in business administration from Washburn University.
FHLBank Topeka announced officer promotions.
• Sonia Betworth was promoted from senior vice president to executive vice president. Betsworth is the administrative director. She joined FHLBank in 1983.
• Jeff Kuzbel was promoted from senior vice president to executive vice president. Kuzbel is the CFO. He joined FHLBank in 2021.
• Brian Drher was promoted from Vice President to Senior Vice President. Dreher is the news director. He joined FHLBank in 1998.
• Amanda Kiefer was promoted from Senior Vice President to Senior Vice President. Kiefer serves as Director of Human Resources and Inclusion. She has worked at FHLBank since 2011.
• Matt Koupal was promoted from Senior Vice President to Senior Vice President. Koupal is Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and General Counsel, Corporate Secretary. He joined FHL Bank in 2008.
• Brad Gentry was promoted from vice president to first vice president. Gentry serves as the Director of Funding, Hedging and Member Product Pricing within the Capital Markets Department. He joined FHL Bank in 2008.
• Troy McGee was promoted to first vice-president. McGee is Director of Enterprise Strategies and Solutions and has been with FHLBank since 2021.
• Steven Townsend was promoted from vice president to first vice president. Townsend serves as Director of Investments and Balance Sheet Strategy within the Capital Markets Department. He joined FHLBank in 2017.
• Nancy Hank was promoted from assistant vice president to vice president. Hanks is the director of wire services. She joined FHLBank in 2005.
• Kim Wild was promoted to vice president. Savage is Senior Director of Operational Audit within the Internal Audit Department and has worked at FHLBank since 2021.
• Drew Simmons joined FHLBank as the new Oklahoma Regional Account Manager in November and was promoted to Vice President in January. Simmons was previously a senior banker at The Baker Group.
• Michael Young was promoted from officer to assistant vice president. Young is a senior loan officer. He joined FHLBank in 2012.
• Matthew Brown was promoted to officer. Brown is the manager of short-term investments in the capital markets department. He joined FHLBank in 2021.
• Marsha Carrasco was promoted to officer. Carrasco is the DEI Manager of the Human Resources and Inclusion Department. She joined FHLBank in 2021.
• Allison Garst was promoted to officer. Garst, responsible for the computer program developed by the end user within the Operations Risk department. She joined FHLBank in 2014.
• Leslie Mondesir was promoted to officer. Mondesir in the role of Head of Membership Solutions within the Strategies and Enterprise Solutions department. She joined FHLBank in 2016.
Pediatric cancer research received a million dollar injection at an Advisors Excel training event. The V Foundation for Cancer Research will administer the funds through an open grant process. The V Foundation for Cancer Research was founded by ESPN and legendary basketball coach Jim Valvano with one goal in mind: to defeat cancer. Since 1993, the V Foundation has awarded nearly $290 million in cancer research grants nationwide. “Advisors Excel led by Cody Foster and David Callanan, has given us at the V Foundation a golden opportunity to help young people in their fight against cancer,” said sports commentator Dick Vitale. “They blew us away with their generosity at their annual event by making an incredible $1 million donation that will go towards pediatric cancer research through the V Foundation. I’m just saying customers and staff of Advisors Excel are awesome babies with a capital A. Advisors Excel has raised funds in conjunction with over 500 of the nation’s top finance professionals who attend a three-day training event in Orlando. company organizes the event, including the opportunity to raise money for a good cause.Since 2008, Excel Advisors and its affiliated independent financial professionals have raised approximately $6.3 million to help non-profit organizations and organizations across the country.