The position to be filled
Malaria Consortium is recruiting Financial Assistants to join our team in Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Niger States.
Purpose of the position
The Finance Assistant will provide financial functions including clerical duties and accounting services for maintaining proper financial records of all transactions in accordance with MC’s financial procedures at the respective field offices in the area.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the timely filing of monthly field/country office financial information, including payment vouchers, banking information, financial correspondence, etc. He/she will also ensure order within the finance department.
The Finance Assistant will take care of all payment documents and advise the Project Manager, Technical Manager and Financial Accountant on financial issues that arise and share the area of concern with suggested solution to the extent of his/her ability .
Key Working Relationships
The Finance Assistant will be a state staff member and will report to the Project Manager while interacting directly with other staff including the Operations Manager, Administrative Manager and other technical staff. from the field office. He/she will also work with stakeholders, local government and communities across the state. Report indirectly to the Country Finance Manager.
1. Finance the works (50%)
- Review all transactions and ensure documentation and approvals are complete.
- Review attendance using approved database and prepare payment schedules for MSC staff attendees to ensure names on attendance sheet match database and schedules.
- Prepare payment vouchers, ensure accuracy of cost classification and coding
- Receive notice of payment and attach relevant documents to be filed
- Prepare payment schedule for all meetings, workshops and training participants and consultants
- Protect the organization’s resources by reviewing all payment requests, TAFs, PRFs adhering to MC’s manual, policies and procedures
- Track the inventory balance of financial documents (forms, vouchers, receipts, etc.) and place an order in a timely manner before a stock shortage occurs.
- Work with Finance Officer to ensure PV is generated with all supporting documentation for each payment made and filed.
- Advise the Finance Manager on financial issues that arise and share areas of concern with suggested solutions.
- Maintain an Excel journal template for recording all payments made and share with Finance Manager weekly for release.
2. Invoice from suppliers (15%)
- Track and receive all supplier and vendor invoices and prepare billing authorization forms
- Prepare all bill payments and obtain approval from authorized personnel
3. Work related to operations (30%)
- Responsible for archiving, scanning and completing all financial documents and ensuring they are in a safe place and easily accessible by the finance team.
- Ensure that the financial documents (PV) are completed in accordance with the filing requirements of the Malaria Consortium financial manual.
- Responsible for collecting timesheets from all field office staff.
- Keep track of all payment documents to ensure they are sent/received to/in Abuja.
4. Perform other duties as required by the Finance Officer, Accountant and Finance Manager. This will include, but not be limited to (5%).
- Support the audit by making the documents available.
- Support for spot check of assets and physical verification.
The successful candidate will have:
- OND/HND or license in accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a financial team, including at least one year in an accounting assistant position.
- INGO work experience an added advantage
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other software skills