SBI launches video life certificate service for retirees. Here’s how to submit life certificates via a simple video call
New Delhi: Retirees can now easily submit their life certificates from the comfort of their own home As India’s largest commercial lender, State Bank of India launched Video Life Certificate service on November 1, which allows retirees to submit their life certificates via a simple video call.
A certificate of life is required to determine if the person who is to receive the pension is still alive and continues to receive his pension without problem.
From now on, seniors will no longer have to go to government offices and physically present themselves or present the certificate to collect the pension. On November 1, SBI tweeted: âSend your #LifeCertificate now from the comfort of your home! Our #VideoLifeCertificate service, launched will allow retirees to submit their life certificates with a simple video call. “
A person who has an account with SBI can avail this service. The individual must also have his mobile number registered with Aadhaar and the same number must be present in the pension application.
How to benefit from SBI’s video life certificate service:
- Visit www.pensionseva.sbi
- Select “Video LC” to start the video life certificate submission process
- Enter SBI pension account number and Captcha
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click on “Send”
- On the new page, click on the option “Start the trip”, then on the option “I am ready”
- Keep your PAN with you right now
- Once you have obtained the video call service, you will be able to interact with an SBI official.
- After that, you need to submit the 4-digit verification number displayed on the screen to the responsible of the SBI.
- The official will take your photo with your PAN card and complete the life certificate submission process.
In the event that your video life certificate is rejected, you will be notified by SMS. In such scenario, you will need to go to your bank branch to submit a certificate of life.
According to a press release issued by SBI, this facility is available to retirees (other than family retirees). Thus, the spouse of the retiree receiving a government pension will not be able to use this facility. According to the public sector lender, the video life certificate process is paperless and free.
It should be noted that this comes after the recent Indian government update which stated that retirees aged 80 and under will be required to submit their Life Certificates or Jeevan Pramaan Patra by November 30. If the life certificate is not submitted by the pensioner by November 30, they will stop receiving the pension.